The GhettoForge mailing lists can be found at [lists.ghettoforge.org]. You can subscribe and unsubscribe to the lists and configure various preferences there.
There are two main lists: Users and Packagers. The Users list is intended for feedback on the packages provided by GhettoForge. People interested in contributing to GhettoForge or the GhettoForge wiki should post to the Packagers list.
Mailing List Guidelines
- Be professional and courteous. Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself.
- Don't top post. Instead, interleave your responses within the body of the message to which you're responding, or post your response at the bottom.
- Don't use large signatures or "disclaimers" about email confidentiality. The mailing lists are public; hence, your messages are not confidential.
- Don't send HTML mail. Send email in plain text.
- Don't send attachments, upload the file somewhere else and link it if necessary.
- Trim extraneous information (such as long signatures) from quotes when replying to a message. Include only relevant material in your post.
- Write a meaningful subject line.
- When making a new thread describe it succinctly.
- When replying to a digest, take the time to change the subject to something meaningful.
- Don't forward chain letters or off-topic material through the list.
- If you don't receive an immediate response, wait at least 24 hours before re-posting. Make a new reply to your own post to "bump" it.
You may also find [How to Ask Questions the Smart Way] to be useful when posting to the mailing lists.
These guidelines were adopted from [the Fedora project] and are available under the Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.